RGCD C64 16KB Cartridge Game Development Competition 2013
» Evento: RGCD Retro Gamer CD
» Fecha: 03/05/2013 al 30/11/2013
» Tipo de evento: Competencia
» Sistemas: c64
» Lugar: Reino Unido
» Más información: aquí
What? Another year has gone by already? Following the success of the 2011 and 2012 rounds, RGCD are proud to announce the start of the C64 16KB Cartridge Game Development Competition 2013!
We are currently in the process of securing prizes and sponsorship, and awards will be given to entries that place 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.
So you can get started, the basic rules are laid out below:
- The competition deadline is midnight GMT on the 30th November 2013 (this gives you over 6 months of development time).
- There will be no competition unless a minimum of six entries are submitted by the deadline.
- All submitted games must be in working 16KB cartridge ROM format (help is available to test ROM files on real hardware). Compression is allowed (and encouraged) but the final file size must not exceed 16KB (.crt (VICE) at 16.0 KB (16,464 bytes) or .bin (C64) at 16.0 KB (16,384 bytes)).
- The games submitted do not necessarily need to be new, but must be your own work, not sold commercially or released in cartridge format previously. Cartridge ROM hacks will obviously not be accepted.
- PAL must be supported, with additional NTSC support optional (but encouraged). If possible, please consider GS compatibility.
- The maximum number of single entries from a person or group is set at three. If more entries are made, the applicant has the opportunity to replace a previous entry with a new one.
- All applicants that submit a valid entry (see above) will receive one physical cartridge copy of their game for free.
- The applicant owns their work, so therefore submitted games will *ONLY* be released for sale at an agreed price via RGCD if the coder expresses a desire to do so.
- There will be a panel of judges (announced in full over the coming weeks), and entries will be scored on a point distribution basis across several criteria. The decision of the panel is final.
- Judges *CAN* enter games themselves, but cannot self-vote (award points to their own release).
As well as a free copy of their submitted game on cartridge, there will also be prizes awarded to the entrants behind games that place 1st, 2nd and 3rd (as decided by the judging panel). Many thanks to Gideon Zweijtzer and Gareth Darby for their sponsorship!
A 1541 Ultimate II Cartridge (RRP £110), £100 and an Easy Flash cartridge complete with a currently unspecified game.
A 1541 Ultimate II Cartridge (RRP £110), £50 and an Easy Flash cartridge complete with a currently unspecified game.
£50 and an Easy Flash cartridge complete with a currently unspecified game.
(We are still in the process of securing sponsorship - more prizes will be added to this list as they are confirmed).